Makes 12 muffins
- 2 c Oat Bran (or wheat bran)
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 2 ts Baking Powder
- 1 ts Cinnamon
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Milk (whole or skimmed)
- 2 Tablespoons Beyond The Olive Mandarin Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 c shredded - Apple (OR carrots OR zucchini OR peach)
- 3 Tablespoons molasses OR 2 Tablespoons Beyond The Olive Fig Balsamic Vinegar
These muffins contain no wheat products, are loaded with fiber (3 grams per muffin), are cholesterol free - and they are delicious!
Preheat the oven to 425F. Oil muffin pans. (NOTE: Oil the bottoms especially well!)
Put the oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir to blend. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg whites, BTO Olive Oil, molasses and grated apple. Pour the apple mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just to mix. Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for 17 minutes, until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.
Adapted from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.