- 1 lb. small, bite-sized tomatoes (such as grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (use smaller leaves and/or snip larger leaves in half)
- 1 loaf fresh, crusty bread
- 1 lb. bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella packed in whey or water)
- Beyond the Olive California extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cocktail picks
You will need one tomato, one mozzarella ball, one basil leaf and one cube of bread for each skewer. Based on your quantities of tomatoes and mozzarella, determine how many skewers you will make. Cut small cubes of bread (same size as tomato) in this amount. On each cocktail pick, thread a tomato, a basil leaf, a cube of bread and a mozzarella ball. When the skewers are complete, olive oil, turning gently to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Recipe notes: For a delicious variation, use standard-length skewers. Thread several of each ingredient onto the skewers. Place each skewer on a bed of baby greens or arugula, then dress with the olive oil. Drizzle with Beyond the Olive Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. Season with sea salt and pepper, and serve with more crusty bread.
Recipe by Get Out of the Kitchen! www.getoutofthekitchen.com
Photo Source: Joyfulhandscatering.com