Crab Cake Salad
Crab cakes are a perennial favorite, so for summer here is a no-fry crab cake salad is perfect starter, salad course or a simple main course lunch.
- 1/2 cup Beyond the Olive California Blend extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, seeded and finely diced
- 1-2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 cups mixed mircogreens or baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
To make the dressing combine the olive oil, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, capers, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in a bowl and whisk lightly. Place the crabmeat, green onion and cucumber in a large bowl and toss gently with some of the dressing, lightly coating the ingredients. Chill.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the Panko breadcrumbs and cook, stirring frequently until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
Toss the mircogreens or baby lettuce with a small amount of the remaining dressing and place a small bed of the dressed greens on each of the serving plates. Using a small 3” ring mold gently press a few tablespoons of the chilled crabmeat salad into the mold to form a crab cake. Gently lift off the ring mold and place the crab cake on top of the salad greens. Repeat for each serving plate. Sprinkle the crab cake salad with the toasted Panko breadcrumbs and fresh parsley. Serve chilled