Citrus-Scented Smashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs. thin-skinned baby potatoes, such as baby Yukon gold or Dutch yellow (do not peel potatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 4 Tbsp Beyond the Olive Meyer Lemon or Blood Orange olive oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup heavy cream or half & half
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
Cut each potato in half and thinly slice crosswise. Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water. Add garlic to water. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Salt the water and boil the potatoes until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well, remove garlic pieces and place potatoes back into empty hot pot. Add 1/2 cup cream, the citrus olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Smash and stir potatoes until cream and oil are well incorporated. If desired, stir in more cream and correct seasonings. Before serving, gently stir in dill.
These potatoes pair well with many fresh herbs - try chives, parsley or rosemary in place of the dill.
Recipe by Get Out of the Kitchen! www.getoutofthekitchen.com
Photo Source: FoodNetwork