Ripe tomatoes are layered with fresh herbs, capers, and two kinds of olives and left to rest on your kitchen counter for the day – the result is a beautiful, no-cook pasta sauce, richly layered with flavor -without ever turning on the stove.
- 3 tsps capers, drained
- 1/2 cup Beyond the Olive Tuscan Blend extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped halfway to green OR 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
Mix the first 8 ingredients together and leave to sit in salad bowl for a couple hours or until the oil takes the flavor of the other ingredients. Serve with the sauce at room temperature and toss with hot pasta. Remember, green onion or garlic - NOT BOTH.
Photo Source: LivingRoomTV.com